Tarot Refresher Course
25 April 2020
Looking to refresh your knowledge of Tarot?
- Maybe you learned the basics years ago but now want to go over Tarot again.
- Perhaps you have learned Tarot with me before but feel you have not used your knowledge fully.
Whatever your situation, this day is designed to refresh and consolidate what you have already learned. We will only briefly cover the meanings of the cards again, rather than in detail, focusing on the numbers and symbols as a guide to interpretation. We will also look at spreads again and learn how to put cards together to create a coherent story.
If you'd like further information, please don't hesitate to contact me on 07791 287 240
To be run from my home in Solihull (If you haven't been to me before I will supply my address when you book on the course)
25 April 2020 10m - 4pm, cost £40
- A Tarot reading is subject to the my interpretation and your understanding of what is said and should not be taken as absolute. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of a reading and I cannot guarantee I can always give you specific answers to questions.
- A Tarot reading does not absolutely predict the future but is based on the probable outcome of events which can be influenced or changed by your future actions or attitude
- Any decisions made or actions taken by you as a result of your Tarot reading are your sole responsibility. I will offer my opinion and advice, but will not interfere with your free will. I will not coerce you to follow a particular course of action, or attempt to exert any form of control over your free will.
- A Tarot reading does not replace professional medical, legal, personal, business or any other advice that I am not professionally qualified for.
- I do not give medical diagnoses or prognoses which includes IVF treatment.
- I am primarily a Tarot reader with some mediumistic ability, however, I cannot guarantee to make connection with those who have passed over, nor will I try to connect to any one person in spirit.
- I assume no legal liability for any damages, losses, or other consequences of any decisions, subsequent to, or based on my Tarot readings.
- I am not a mind reader nor can I see wholly into your life. Don't be surprised if I do not metnion those things you'd rather not share.
- A Tarot reading is a two way process. I will ask questions during a reading and expect your involvement during your reading.
- Tarot cards are not dangerous or in anyway carry negative vibrations. They are pieces of card with imagery on them which is then interpreted by the Tarot reader.
- To avoid disappointment or an unnecessary Journey, a pre-arranged appointment is essential. I cannot accommodate those who call unexpectedly, either in person or over the phone looking for an immediate Tarot consultancy.
- I do not offer Tarot Readings to anyone under 18 years of age.
- All readings are completely private and confidential. I will not share them with a third party.
- I will never refuse a client a Tarot consultancy on the grounds of race, colour, religious belief, disability or sexual orientation.
- I do not predict the lotto numbers.
- I do not invoke or remove spells or curses.
Learn Tarot With Me - Online Course
If you are unable to get to me for the Weekend Workshop then my online course is a perfect solution. My course covers all the aspects covered in my Tarot Workshops only in a different format. In this comprehensive course I take you through the history of Tarot, how to choose and take care of your deck and then go through the meanings plus other interpretive techniques and I show you various spreads to use as well. The format of the course is a mix of presentations, downloadable pages (pdfs) and also quizzes and exercises designed to test your knowledge.
DID YOU KNOW
That learning the meanings of the cards is only one aspect of learning Tarot? There are other interpretive techniques which can really help: numerology, astrology, colour etc.
To see the course curriculum in full and access the free preview lessons, please click here...
If you need any further information, contact me now on: 07791 287 240
New clients, and even clients who've had readings before, often wonder what to expect from a reading, so here is my guide to help you prepare, to help you get the most value from your time with me. Firstly, click the link below which will take you to a YouTube video so you get a feel for how a reading might go.
No Need to be Nervous
When you arrive for your reading, please try not to be overly nervous or worried about what you might hear. I absolutely do NOT, under any circumstances, give dire predictions. If you have previously had a bad experience with a Tarot Reader or Psychic who has told you something very distressing, please be assured my readings are constructive and not destructive, I will always look for the positive in any reading.
I am compassionate and sensitive to your feelings and will not judge or condemn - even if you think your problem is so awful that you're embarrassed to talk about it. I'm pretty much unshockable and I've heard many unusual and extreme situations in the course of reading for people over the years. We all make mistakes and we all mess up from time to time because we are human and adversity is, sadly, unavoidable. You are completely normal.
A Two Way Process
It may surprise you to learn that a Tarot Reading is a two way process. I can and often do ask questions during a reading and look for your involvement in the Reading. This helps the cards to give up more information and thus we can focus on your very unique issues which go beyond the scope of the general meanings of the cards.
The best readings are those where the sitter has come with an idea of the questions they'd like answers to. Sometimes I get a sitter who is "just curious" or doesn't have anything they want to ask about. These readings tend to be very short as it's true to say that if your life is going pretty well at the moment then not much will come out of a reading. Tarot works very well if you are looking for guidance on a relationship, work, family etc
If you are hoping to be impressed with "magic tricks" and try to test me to see if I can read your mind or see into your life then this may not be the service for you. I have had clients who stare at me blankly with folded arms waiting to be amazed at my psychic powers - but please remember this is unsettling for me and rather unfriendly! My card reading abilities are very much enhanced if I feel I have made a positive connection with the client. This does not mean, however, telling me everything up front - conversely, I would rather not know anything about you first when I do my General Reading at the start.
Realistic Predictions - Not Wild ones
I will be honest in what I see and will not give false hopes in order to keep you happy - therefore, please be aware that if your question is highly emotive such as "is my ex partner coming back to me?" you may not receive the answer you want. When it comes to reigniting a love affair, I find that generally it doesn't happen and even if it does it tends not to last - you cannot control someone else's free will. That is speaking from experience of reading over the years. I think that if a relationship fails then there was a reason for that and, as hard as it is to accept, it probably just wasn't meant to be even if you are convinced it was!
I do feel very sad for the heartbroken and hate to see what appears to be very obvious games which are played by the absent party which lead my sitters to feel there is a crumb of hope. I had a sitter recently who got quite upset when I was unable to confirm that there would be a happy reunion with an ex lover - the sitter said to me "but the other tarot reader I saw yesterday told me we'd get back together everything would be fine and we'd get married within the year".
Well, maybe so, but I couldn't see it and I feel that such wild predictions raise hope which can only be dashed to a devastating degree - perhaps a wee bit irresponsible? Listening to the sitter's story, this was an abusive and controlling relationship which she was well out of. It did also occur to be that if the she had been convinced by the first reader she wouldn't have come to me for confirmation. I also felt the sitter was very depressed and urged her to seek medical advice.
No Go Areas
Questions I am reluctant to answer are those concerning chronic or serious illness - please act on your doctor's advice and in addition have some holistic therapies if you wish - a tarot reading does not provide a cure. I will not answer questions on prognoses or predict outcomes in such circumstances.
I am also highly reluctant to answer questions concerning fertility. This is a medical issue again and highly emotive - it puts me into a very awkward position. If the question is "when will I get pregnant?" or "will this round of IVF work?" I'm inclined not to give a prediction either way due to huge hope or huge disappointment. This is really about my sense of responsibility and what is suitable for tarot or what's suitable for the doctor.
People often come to see me wanting reassurance the future will be ok but what some don't realise is that they can control what happens in their lives to a certain extent. What a minority of clients want is to be told everything will work out fine – that they don’t need to do a thing in order to achieve this, it's almost as though they perceive a Tarot Reading acts like magic dust sprinkled over their problems for an effortless, positive outcome. I do appreciate that we don’t always want to face reality - we've all been there - it's hard to let ourselves see things as they really are. Don't worry, it's normal to be like this sometimes. But, like everything else in life, if it's worth having, it's worth working for. The cards just point the way - it's up to you to fix what can be fixed and let go of what can't.
I will always try to look for practical solutions to your issues with help from the cards. I have found both personally and through readings there are no short cuts to what we want in life. The greatest satisfaction is when we achieve a goal through effort and hard work it's how we learn best. Are you being carried with the river in an unstoppable flow or are you swimming against the current? Either way, it can feel like we are out of control which is often very frightening.
The Structure of the Reading
So...the process is like this; I start with a general spread to see what comes up - it's not always what you think it might be. There can be one overall theme, such as your relationship, or it can throw up a number of different and apparently unconnected areas of your life, however, there is usually a link somewhere down the line.
As I conclude the general spread, I do further spreads so that we can then focus on the issues you would like to explore. For example, if you are thinking of changing your job but are worried about what might happen if you do, then this is the time during the reading to look at that.
Readings last approximately 40-45 minutes but can go on longer. If you feel you will need an hour with me, please do let me know beforehand. I do like my clients to feel they have had value for their hard earned money and I know from experience how disheartening it is to feel only half your questions are answered before being shoveled out the door!
I would ask that if you cannot make your appointment for any reason (you are not required to give a reason!!), please just let me know so that it frees up the appointment for someone else.
Overall, I do want people to know what they are to expect before they come for a reading as happy sitters are my goal, happy sitters make me happy too.